CLASSIC MEATLOAF


I increased the italian herbs (I assumed that to mean italian seasoning--I used my own homemade italian seasoning) to two teaspoons and I used homemade croutons (day old bread, brushed with EVOO and garlic powder, cut into 1 inch pieces and baked until crispy, then cooled) that I ground down in the food processor. Those were the only changes I made. Ginormous meat loaf. It fit in my Perfect Meat Loaf pan, but just barely, with a quarter inch at the top. Mine did take almost two hours to bake, taken out the last half hour to pour over the glaze. This was one of the better meat loaves I've ever made. Very flavorful, quite filling. I served homemade biscuits and Cheesy Vegetable Medley with this. Out of that big meatloaf, just under half remains--my oldest boy ate two pieces and my husband ate three! We all really liked it. The rest will be used for sandwiches in lunches tomorrow.

Ingredients


  • 1½ lbs ground beef
  • ¾ cup quick oatmeal
  • ¾ cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • ½ cup onion, finely diced (or grate it if your kids will freak out if they see a piece of onion)
  • 1¼ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • ⅓ cup ketchup
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp mustard

Instructions


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Combine ground beef, oatmeal, milk, egg, onion, salt and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl. Using your hand, incorporate everything into the meat. This only takes 30 seconds or so, you do not want to over mix.
  3. Transfer meat into a large loaf pan and press it down evenly into the pan.
  4. Mix ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in a small bowl. Pour over meatloaf.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
  6. Remove from oven and drain off excess grease. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
  7. If you like this meatloaf recipe, do yourself a favor and try my WORLDS EASIEST SLOPPY JOE RECIPE. You will LOVE it!
Source of CLASSIC MEATLOAF Recipe @reallifedinner.com
Visit it for complete Instruction and more Information.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Subscribe to receive free email updates: