Strawberry Frozen Yogurt



I only made one change in the recipe--instead of using granulated sugar, I used equal amounts Truvia (18 packets). I do NOT have an ice cream machine. What I did insead was puree the ingredients in my food processor until smooth, freeze the ingredients until solid, then scoop it out, re-run it through the food processor until smooth and then froze it again until solid. This frozen yogurt was just sweet enough without going overboard and even though it wasn't frozen in an ice cream maker, it still turned out creamy and smooth. I wish there had been more strawberries, as in chunks, in this frozen yogurt. I am planning on making this again once I eat this batch and after the second run through the food processor, I will add a cup of chunked fresh strawberries.

Ingredients

    4 cups frozen strawberries
    3 tablespoons honey
    ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
    1 tablespoon lime juice

Instructions

    Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. I use and LOVE my Blendtec blender. If you're using a cheaper blender, you may need to add more juice or other liquid, or use fresh strawberries.
    If you use frozen strawberries you can scoop and enjoy immediately. If you use fresh strawberries, add extra liquid, or if you just want a more solid consistency, pour into a container with a lid and freeze until desired consistency is reached. Then just scoop and enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Subscribe to receive free email updates: