6-Minute Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce


I made a double batch of this recipe. It was sooo good. My daughter and I had to make another batch to replace what we had spooned it to our mouths (for tasting purpose only). Anyway after it cooled I put in the fridge. I made a box carrot cake cut into cubes. Then made cream cheese icing whipped with whipped cream. Cut the cake in cubes and layer with the cream mixture, the new walnuts and this salted caramel. I just reheated for 1 minute and stirred. Heated and stirred. Not to warm so it didn’t spoil the cream mixture. It was still a little gritty but in this receipe. You couldn’t even taste anything but the delicious Carmel. I got this carrot cake truffle recipe on Pinterest. I wish I could go back to see the name. Anyway this receipe is Awesome!!

Ingredients


  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon water
  • 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter 
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
  • Dash of vanilla or bourbon, optional

Instructions


  1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat whisk together sugar and water and bring to a boil. Cook until sugar has dissolved, about 1 minute.
  2. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add in butter and whisk until combined. Simmer until the mixture turns a deep amber color, about 5 minutes. 
  3. Remove from heat and carefully whisk in the cream (it will bubble up ferociously after you add it!). Whisk until well combined. Whisk in salt. 
  4. Pour caramel into a heatproof jar. Allow it to cool a few minutes before using.
Source of 6-Minute Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe @ bakerbynature.com

_________________________________________________________________________________

Subscribe to receive free email updates: